The 2018 Municipal and School Board Election is Monday, October 22, 2018.
Thinking about running in Welland? Here is what you need to know:
Nomination Period: NEW – Nominations will be accepted from Tuesday, May 1, 2018 to Friday, July 27, 2018 at 2:00 p.m
You must file Nomination Papers with the Office of the City clerk prior to raising campaign funds (contributions) or incurring campaign expenses.
Contributions are considered to be any money, goods or services given to and accepted by, or on behalf of the candidate for their campaign.
- Mayor (1 to be elected)
- Municipal Councillors (12 to be elected – 2 in each of the 6 Wards)
- Regional Chair (1 to be elected)
- Regional Councillors (2 to be elected)
- School Board Trustees
- Public – 1
- Separate – 1
- French Public – 1
- French Separate – 1
- File your Nomination Papers with the Office of the City Clerk at Welland City Hall, 60 East Main Street, 1st Floor (excluding Regional Chair)
- Pay the filing fee ($200 for Mayor or Regional Chair. $100 for Regional Councillor, Municipal Councillor or School Board Trustee)
- NEW – Proof of Canadian citizenship required when submitting Nomination Papers.
- NEW – Nomination Papers (excluding School Board Trustee Candidates) must be endorsed by 25 eligible voters supporting the nomination.
- NEW – Nomination Papers for Regional Chair will be received by the Niagara Regional Clerk, 1815 Sir Isaac Brock Way, Thorold.
Questions, Assistance, and Accessibility
If you have questions, comments or concerns regarding the Municipal Election, please contact the City Clerk’s staff. They will be pleased to assist you.
Telephone: 905-735-1700 ext. 2193