Stay up-to-date with everything happening in the City of Welland on our social media channels. As an active participant in online conversations, the City may follow partners, community groups, organizations, or individuals. In addition, we may share content from other users if the material aligns with the City’s corporate values, programs, services, or initiatives.
The City of Welland values open discussion with the public and encourages you to engage with our social media accounts. We look forward to reading your comments. When submitting content to any of the City’s social media channels, please be aware that your information will be available to the public and potentially viewed by many audiences.
To create a safe, positive, and engaging environment for all users on our City of Welland social media accounts, we ask all individuals to treat each other and City staff with civility and always respect the guidelines. The City of Welland corporate communications team moderates all comments on our social media accounts.
We reserve the right to remove comments that we deem inappropriate and to block access to repeat offenders who engage in:
- personal attacks, harassment, aggressive behaviour, and name-calling
- comments that are threatening, obscene, profane, contain hate speech, degrade others, or are deemed abusive
- statements that are libellous, such as allegations of criminal activity or comments that unfairly harm the reputation of a person or organization
- use of offensive usernames
- trolling or repetitive off-topic posts
- content that is unrelated to the post
- misrepresentation of the content – there must be compliance with copyright laws and intellectual property rights
- impersonation or false claims to represent a person or organization
- content that breaks the law or encourages others to do so
- sharing personal information such as contact information related to the poster or others
- posting commercial links for sales or advertising
The City may not reply to online questions or comments if:
- The post includes disrespectful statements of opinion – people are welcome to express their views even if they disagree with City policies, programs, or decisions.
- The post is disrespectful toward City staff, other participants in the conversation, or violates the City’s commenting guidelines.
- Civic Square,
60 East Main St., Welland, ON L3B 3X4
- 905-735-1700 x2337