Welland Maps and GIS
G.I.S. stands for Geographic Information System. In general, a GIS is a computer software package, or collection of linked databases and applications used for capturing, storing, analyzing, manipulating, integrating, and displaying map information. The information in a GIS can be organized into "layers". For example, there can be one layer each for roads, water bodies, parks, forests, cities, etc. When these layers are "stacked", or overlaid one on top of another you would see a map on a computer screen similar to a paper map. One big difference, however, between a paper map and a GIS map, is the GIS map can be manipulated, re-organized, analyzed, and integrated into other computer programs whereas a paper map is "what you see is what you get".
The City of Welland uses a desktop GIS software program called Manifold® System GIS. This is the software that we use to create and edit the GIS data, perform spatial analyses, produce paper maps, and generate our online interactive mapping web site. The core of Welland’s GIS is the database. All of the City’s GIS data are stored in a central database including roads, water and sewer mains and valves, hydrants, catch basins, trees, property parcels, zoning, aerial and satellite imagery, and civic addresses just to name a few. The GIS is used for many purposes including infrastructure planning and management, planning applications and processes, day-to-day operations and maintenance management, asset inventories, and 3-D surface modeling.
Below you will find links to the interactive mapping page, the Property Information Pages, and printable PDF maps.
- Welland Property Information Pages show general information for each civic address in the City of Welland. Each page contains the following details:
- Civic address
- Assessment roll number
- Geographic lot area
- Zoning designation
- Official plan designation
- Garbage collection day
- Planning district
- Ward, poll
- Councillor name, phone number
- Road jurisdiction and maintenance contacts
- Geographic longitude and latitude
In addition to the above information you will see a map showing the property itself as well as a Google Street View image showing the property from the road. Our hope is that these web pages will give you a quick and user-friendly option for retrieving the basic property information you are looking for.
Click on the link above, then click on the street name that the property you are interested is on. You will then be presented with a list of valid civic addresses on that street. Finally, click on the address you want to see information for.
- Legal company name
- City project name
- City project manager name
- Contact information of the person with binding authority for your firm including:
- full name
- position title
- email address
- postal mail address
- phone number
- fax number
- GIS data layers being requested
- Requests for "All GIS layers" or similar cannot be fulfilled.
- Please be specific when listing the layers and include any particular attributes that you require.
- Estimated end-date of the project