Welcome to Purchasing Services
City of Welland Purchasing Services is responsible for coordinating the acquisition of goods and services for the City of Welland. Our primary objective is to seek and provide the best value for the taxpayers' dollar in the most cost effective way. This mandate will be achieved through coordinated teamwork with representatives from Client division coupled with a commitment to participate in and be involved with the procurement process at an early level to assist with the identification, selection, and timely acquisition of required goods and services.
Our goal is to continually strive for best in class cost and quality to meet or exceed our Clients expectations and our involvement in the early stages of the acquisition cycle maximizes purchasing power through integrity, equality, efficiency and effectiveness.
These goals will be accomplished by;
- Awarding contracts to highly qualified vendors who have satisfied bid and proposal specifications.
- Instilling the highest ethical standards and best business practices while maintaining the highest quality in services, goods, and relations with the local business and community.
Purchasing Services whom assists all client divisions within City of Welland primary responsibilities include:
- Review and approval of purchase requisitions for tangible items and services;
- Conduct bid solicitations in accordance with the City By-Law and Purchasing Policy
- Ensure procedural compliance and adherence of the City’s Purchasing Policy.
- Reallocate usable surplus assets within the City or dispose of it by auction or suitable means.
- Research and evaluate bid specifications, products, services, and vendors.
- Participate in the Niagara Public Purchasing Committee’s cooperative purchasing agreements with other tax supported agencies as a way to leverage cost reduction through buying power.
Method of Bidding/Advertising
Bids called for projects, equipment, goods and services are either publicly advertised or by invitation. Bids are classified as formal or informal depending on the estimated value or complexity of the required item(s). There are four major categories of bid calls: telephone/electronic submissions, formal/informal quotations, public tenders and Request for Proposal (RFP). All public bid documents are advertised through the "City Tenders and Bids" section of the City’s website in accordance with the City's policies. Bid Documents and further instructions also posted at www.biddingo.com/welland.
Online Bidding Service
All City of Welland formal competitive bid processes are posted on biddingo.com/welland and are organized by commodity. To receive free City of Welland alerts regarding new bid opportunities, please complete the vendor application form.
Addendum(s) to any bid document will be posted at biddingo.com/welland and the City Tenders and Bids section of the City’s website. It is the bidder's responsibility to check these web pages often for any and all addendum(s). Any submission received without “ALL” issued addendums signed and acknowledged or containing any document received by the City that has been altered and does not exactly match the document as posted by the City, will be rejected.
Important Links for doing business with the City of Welland
|To view opportunities on the City of Welland Website:
||To view opportunities from the City of Welland posted on Biddingo:
Bid Document Pickup
To pick up a bid document in person and have your company contact(s) added to receive notifications relevant to the bid:
Infrastructure Services (Second Floor)
60 East Main Street
Note: Some bids may require an applicable fee.
If you are interested in doing business with the City, vendors need to register at biddingo.com/welland Registered vendors will receive an email alert when any new solicitations are issued regarding City procurements that relate to the selected commodities.