Community Assistance During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The City of Welland recognizes the challenges being faced by vulnerable persons in the community due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The following resources are provided to help residents obtain essential supplies and groceries.
211 or 1-800-263-3695
Provides information on and referrals to community, social, health-related and government services.
Community Support Services of Niagara (CSSN)
Provides community support to help seniors and adults with disabilities live independently in their own home.
Grocery Delivery Program
905-788-3181 Ext. 706
Available for those who are unable to shop for themselves due to COVID-19 concerns. In order to qualify:
- Adult who is 65 or older or adult living with a disability; must have financial means to pay for groceries ie. credit card, cheque, etc. Priority given to those who meet risk category for COVID-19, without family within the Niagara Region, and are unable to drive.
- Program is restricted to use of local grocery stores who offer pick up service. Delivery is strongly reliant upon volunteer availability and store capacity.
Meals on Wheels
905-788-3181 Ext. 771
The program is provided to adults who are 60 or older or adults living with a disability.
- Hot meals are delivered Monday to Friday over the noon hour
- Frozen meals are delivered once a week
Provides a referral service to help connect an at-risk senior who is 55 or older with programs and services to help them stay safe and live independently in their own home.
Due to COVID-19, seniors who are isolated and/or vulnerable experiencing challenges with:
- Getting groceries, medication, personal hygiene products, housekeeping and pet supplies
- Driving to essential medical appointments
- Obtaining income support (such as Canada Pension Plan, Guaranteed Income Supplement and Old Age Security)
- Feeling lonely or worried
Faith Welland Church
905-735-6811 Ext. 20
Provides free grocery delivery to Welland residents
Canadian Muslim Response Network
During COVID-19, provides assistance to place grocery orders and offers free delivery service.
- Must be able pay for groceries with a credit card
- Program is restricted to local grocery stores who offer curbside pick-up service
Niagara Region N2N Support Team
During COVID-19, offers assistance and free delivery (for groceries, prescriptions, and other necessities) to Niagara residents who are ill, elderly, disabled, vulnerable, or whose mobility is otherwise limited.
The City of Welland does not endorse any entity listed but provides this information as a public service.