Crossing Guards are responsible for safely escorting pedestrians across roadways, at designated school crossings by monitoring traffic flow gaps, and adhering to regulations, policies and procedures. This position provides excellent customer service, and ensures safe crossing rules are communicated clearly, followed and reinforced as required. On the job training is provided.
The rate of pay for this part-time position is $13.55 per hour.
- Able to travel to various crossings in the City.
- The ability to remain alert and perform the job responsibilities in a safe and timely manner.
- The ability to provide excellent customer service skills, and to communicate clearly and effectively with pedestrians, residents and school officials.
- The ability to stand or walk and hold the “STOP” sign for extended periods of time.
- A Police Vulnerable Sector Check is required upon hire.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a current resume,
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to complete an application, in person at:
Human Resources Department
City of Welland
60 East Main Street