Message from Mayor Frank Campion
With the fall season upon us and the new school year underway we also face the arrival of flu season.
Symptoms of COVID-19 and seasonal influenza are very similar. Health experts recommend getting vaccinated against the flu. The flu vaccine will not offer any protection from COVID-19 but it is just as vital to protect yourself from the seasonal flu especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The best way to protect yourself and loved ones from COVID-19 is to follow the rules of social distancing, hand washing, wearing a mask or face covering when required, stay home if displaying symptoms or having been in close contact with cases of COVID-19. A two-metre distance must be maintained at all gatherings – indoor gatherings of 10 people and 25 people for outdoor gatherings.
I want to take this opportunity to thank Welland residents for an incredible job in doing their part to stop the spread of COVID-19. With COVID-19 cases on the rise again we must not let our guard down. We must continue to be vigilant in protecting one another. I urge everyone to be kind and patient with each other – we will get through this together.
We all have a personal responsibility in the fight against COVID-19. Welland City Council and staff are committed to the health and safety of our residents. Please stay safe and healthy.
Here are a few links I encourage you to monitor for information:
City of Welland
Niagara Region Public Health
Government of Ontario
Sincerely, Mayor Frank Campion
Previous COVID-19 Messages:
- Mayor's Message - October 1, 2020
- Mayor's Message - September 17, 2020
- Mayor's Message - September 3, 2020
- Mayor's Message - August 6, 2020
- Mayor's Message - July 30, 2020
- Mayor's Message - July 23, 2020
- Mayor's Message - July 9, 2020
- Mayor's Message - June 25, 2020
- Mayor's Message - June 11, 2020
- Mayor's Message - June 1, 2020
- Mayor's Message - May 14, 2020
- Mayor's Message - May 1, 2020
- Mayor's Message - April 9, 2020
- Mayor's Message - April 2, 2020
Listen to the Mayor's message on COVID-19