Welland Transit Trans-Cab service is provided for areas of the city not served by regular transit buses - Daimler and St. Lawrence (north of Quaker Road) in the city's north end, Cooks Mills in the east end, and Dain City/Vaughan Rd. in the south end.
Trans-Cab allows you to book your trip in advance, be picked up at your door by taxi and connect you with regular Welland Transit buses headed for downtown - all for only $1.25 more than the regular bus fare!
How To Trans-Cab To Downtown
- Check the map. If you live within a Trans-Cab area, call 905-735-4500 at least one hour before you'd like to meet the bus. To book trips from Cooks Mills and Dain City, contact Trans-Cab to ensure you are within the service area.
- A taxi will pick you up at your door no later than five minutes before you have to be at the transfer point to meet the bus. The fare will be $1.25 above the regular fare. If utilizing more than 1 Trans-cab zone, an additional $1.25 will be required.
- The taxi will take you to the bus. Trans-Cab connection points are marked with the Trans-Cab symbol.
How To Trans-Cab From Downtown
When you board the bus, simply ask your Bus Operator to contact the Trans-Cab for the following routes:
- Route 1 (Webber Rd.)
- Routes 5, 11 (Cooks Mills)
- Routes 6, 11 (Dain City)
- Routes 2, 3, 8 & 10 (Quaker Road)
- Routes 8, 9, & 10 (Seaway)