Transit Alerts and Notices
NEW - Transit App
Download the free and easy to use mobile application. Visit our Transit Mobile App webpage for details.
Suspension of the 2020/21 U-Pass program
Due to the suspension of the 2020/21 U-Pass program, all Niagara College students are now designated as adult Fares. Student Fares apply to Elementary and Secondary students only. Visit Transit Fares for details.
Route 508 Detour - Walmart Construction - bus stop relocated
Due to construction we will not be able to service the Walmart stop located behind Mark’s warehouse. We will be servicing a temporary stop located on Primeway Dr. in front of Rona. This will continue until further notice.
Wednesday July 29, 2020 (update)
Effective Sunday, August 2nd, 2020 and will remain in effect until further noticeWelland Transit is increasing its services beginning Aug 2, 2020 to support Niagara moving into the province’s stage-three recovery phase. Increased availability and convenience of public transportation will play an integral part in the economic and social recovery of the community.
- Mon to Sat routes 501 through 509 inclusive operate hourly from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Mon to Sat routes 505, 506, 508, and 509 operate on half hour service from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Mon to Sat hourly service on all routes from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Sun hourly service on all eight routes
- routing and schedules associated with the Hourly Service (effective August 2 until further notice)
- WellTrans service will be available seven days per week from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- To book a trip, kindly call (905) 414-7921.
Niagara Region Transit
- Until further notice, all Niagara Region Transit services, which include the Port Colborne Link are operating on the hourly frequency Saturday service Monday to Saturday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. For further information, kindly visit niagararegion.ca/transit or call (905) 980-6000 ext. 3550.
Port Colborne Community
- The Port Colborne Community Bus is currently operating Mon. to Fri. from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Effective Tuesday, Aug. 4th, 2020 the service will operate Mon. to Fri. from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- routing and schedules for Port Colborne Community bus
Safety Measures For Everyone’s Protection
It is strongly recommended that all Transit customers either boarding the buses or entering the Terminal wear a face covering (mask) for the safety of all.
All boarding will take place at the front door effective Monday, June 22nd .
The Bus Operators will be protected by a clear Plexiglas barrier – you can still talk with them as you board.
Upon boarding the bus, you’ll notice every other row of seats is blocked off. Kindly sit in the open seats/rows to encourage safe distancing.
When the Terminal opens on June 29th, there will be Transit staff present to assist you as you enter the facility.
Welland Transit Customer Safety Request
Transit Customers… Public Health Officials are encouraging you to wear some form of facial protection when utilizing public transit. This protection does not have to be a formal medical grade face mask, it can be anything that prevents your respiratory droplets from reaching others when you talk / breathe or landing on surfaces others may touch. More information can be found in our Customer Safety Request poster.