The City of Welland encourages individuals of all ages and abilities to play an active role in their community by volunteering their time to help deliver recreation and culture programs.
Through our volunteer program, volunteers are interviewed and matched with positions which meet their individual needs and interests, and are provided with training and supervision.
The Recreation and Culture Division invests time and resources to provide volunteers with an opportunity for an enjoyable and rewarding experience. We offer on-going methods of recognition and incentive programs for volunteer services on a regular basis throughout the year.
- Volunteers must be 14+ years
- A criminal record check (Vulnerable Sector Screening) will be required of the successful volunteer candidate ONLY if they are working with participants under the age of 18.
- Completion of a Volunteer Application Form, Interview and Orientation session.
Volunteer Interview and Orientation Sessions
Interview sessions are held before any orientation is complete. This ensures that your volunteer goals and our expectations are similar. Interviews are usually done the same week as orientation.
Mandatory volunteer orientation sessions are held once a month. There, you learn all about our policies and procedures to become a City of Welland Volunteer.
- Activity Leader
- Children’s Camps
- Information Desk
- Leisure Buddy
- Program Assistance
- Hospitality & Special Events
- Special Projects
- Placement/Co-op/Intern Student
- Arts & Culture
Complete the Volunteer Application Form
- Attach your resume, references, and any additional information
- Submit your paperwork to the Wellness Complex
Connecting Community & Building Waterway Spirit
The WIFC has a whole new Stipend Program that will benefit local organizations through volunteer hours. Volunteer with us and we will allocate stipend funds on your behalf to a local organization of your choice.
- We have allotted $15,000 in stipend funds to local organizations for volunteerism at four WIFC events
- For each volunteer shift, a portion of those funds will be allocated back to the non-profit community group or sports organization of your choice
- We have a variety of positions available, including boat driver, marshalling assistant, boat holder, parking assistant, as well as score keeping and time keeping for our World Championship in Canoe Polo
- The more shifts you take on, the more funds you’ll earn
- Each volunteer gets a T-Shirt
- Lunch is provided for all shifts!
Please click on the individual event to sign up:
- ROWONTARIO Small Boat Trials
- Canadian Dragon Boat Championships
- ROWONTARIO Provincial Masters Regatta
- 2018 ICF Canoe Polo World Championships
For more information email email@example.com