The City of Welland encourages individuals of all ages and abilities to play an active role in their community by volunteering their time to help deliver recreation and culture programs.
Through our volunteer program, volunteers are interviewed and matched with positions which meet their individual needs and interests, and are provided with training supervision.
The Recreation and Culture Division invests time and resources to provide volunteers with an opportunity for an enjoyable and rewarding experience. We offer on-going methods of recognition and incentive programs for volunteer services on a regular basis throughout the year.
- Volunteers must be 14+ years
- A criminal record check (Vulnerable Sector Screening) will be required of the successful volunteer candidate ONLY if they are working with participants under the age of 18.
- Completion of a Volunteer Application Form, Interview and Orientation session.
Volunteer Interview and Orientation Sessions
Interview sessions are held before any orientation is complete. This ensures that your volunteer goals and our expectations are similar. Interviews are usually done the same week as orientation.
Mandatory volunteer orientation sessions are held once a month. There, you learn all about our policies and procedures to become a City of Welland Volunteer.
- Activity Leader
- Children’s Camps
- Information Desk
- Leisure Buddy
- Program Assistance
- Hospitality & Special Events
- Special Projects
- Placement/Co-op/Intern Student
- Arts & Culture
- Complete the Volunteer Application Form
- Attach your resume, references, and any additional information
- Submit your paperwork to the Wellness Complex