The City of Welland encourages individuals of all ages and abilities to play an active role in their community by volunteering their time to help deliver recreation and culture programs.
Through our volunteer program, volunteers are interviewed and matched with positions which meet their individual needs and interests, and are provided with training and supervision.
The Recreation and Culture Division invests time and resources to provide volunteers with an opportunity for an enjoyable and rewarding experience. We offer on-going methods of recognition and incentive programs for volunteer services on a regular basis throughout the year.
- Volunteers must be 14+ years
- A criminal record check (Vulnerable Sector Screening) will be required of the successful volunteer candidate ONLY if they are working with participants under the age of 18.
- Completion of a Volunteer Application Form, Interview and Orientation session.
Volunteer Interview and Orientation Sessions
Interview sessions are held before any orientation is complete. This ensures that your volunteer goals and our expectations are similar. Interviews are usually done the same week as orientation.
Mandatory volunteer orientation sessions are held once a month. There, you learn all about our policies and procedures to become a City of Welland Volunteer.
- Activity Leader (see below for positions needed)
- Children’s Camps
- Information Desk
- Leisure Buddy
- Program Assistance
- Hospitality & Special Events
- Special Projects
- Placement/Co-op/Intern Student
- Arts & Culture
Complete the Volunteer Application Form
- Attach your resume, references, and any additional information
- Submit your paperwork to the Wellness Complex
ACTIVITY LEADERS are currently needed for the following drop-in programs at the Wellness Complex
Table Tennis Senior
Table Tennis Intergenerational
Activity Leaders are responsible for the following:
- Ensure participants are registered for the intended program
- Ensure the attendance list is up to date and record attendance
- Ensure program equipment is in good, clean condition
- Request program supplies from applicable Coordinator
- Address all program concerns (code of conduct, supplies/equipment, general issues) to the applicable Coordinator
- Log hours for V.I.P through the Record of Hours sheet
BOUTIQUE VOLUNTEERS we are currently seeking volunteers to work in the clothing boutique at the Wellness Complex on Monday and Friday afternoon
SPECIAL EVENT VOLUNTEERS are currently needed to assist with the following community special events
- Family Day
Monday, February 17th
9:30am to 2:30pm
- Canada Day
Wednesday, July 1st
10:00am to 10:00pm (shifts available)