Welland Arenas and Ice Rinks
About the Arenas
The City has two arenas, Main arena and Jack Ballantyne Memorial Arena (Youth) located at 501 King Street, that operate year round with a variety of sports, recreation and specials events. The arenas operate with ice mid-August to late April with a full slate of ice-related organizations including Jr. B Hockey, Welland Minor Hockey Association and the Niagara Centre Skating Club.
During summer months the arenas host a number of sports including roller hockey, minor lacrosse, junior and senior lacrosse, roller hockey and ball hockey. Special events such as wrestling and boxing matches, concerts, circuses, conventions, trade shows and community events also take place in this venue.
Welland Arenas Contact Information:
c/o Welland Community Wellness Complex
145 Lincoln Street
Welland, Ontario L3B 6E1
Telephone: 905-735-1700 ext. 4000
There are no Alerts or Cancellations at this time.
The ice is available for rent for family gatherings, business and corporate functions, recreational hockey, group skating and regular ice users.
To apply for an ice rental permit contact 905-735-1700 x 4000 or email@example.com
The Recreation and Culture Division administers the ice rental permits. Permits must be signed by the person listed on the permit as confirmation of the booking(s) and understanding of the facility rules and regulations, and permit conditions of use. Payments are due at time of booking. Terms and Conditions.
- Rental hours are from 8:30am to 11:00pm weekdays and 7:30am to10:00pm on weekends.
- Main Arena ice rentals are booked on the hour
- Jack Ballantyne Arena ice rentals are booked on the ½ hour
- The permit holder agrees that each hour of rental shall consist of not more than 50 minutes of ice time, the balance of each hour being devoted to ice maintenance.
|2017/2018 Hourly Fees||Cost||HST||Resurface||Total|
- The prime time rate is applied to ice bookings scheduled weekdays from 4pm to 12 midnight and all hours on the weekends. Note: Prime time rate is also applied to ice bookings scheduled on a holiday, for example, Family Day.
- The non-prime time rate is applied to ice bookings scheduled weekdays from 6am to 4pm.
- The pre-season rate is applied mid August and until mid September.
- Elementary school rate applies to JK up to and including grade 8. This fee can only be used during non-prime hours.
- The walk-in rate is only to be used when renting TODAY for TONIGHT. The walk-in is applicable during Prime Time hours only.
- The ice resurfacing fee is calculated per hour, not per booking.
- An administration charge of $35 is levied for all payments returned due to insufficient funds.
- The pre-season period commences in mid August and runs until mid September. During this period, ice is only available in the Main Arena.
- The regular season period commences mid September until the beginning of April in the Main Arena, and the end of April in the Youth Arena.
Public Skating has ended for the season.
Season will begin again mid October.
Skating events will be updated late August.
Skating programs will be updated late August.
Looking for a place to skate outdoors this winter? We have several locations where families can enjoy skating outdoors (Ice surfaces are weather permitting):
These rinks are maintained by the Parks staff. Neighbourhood volunteers care for several neighbourhood ice rinks throughout the City. Call 905-735-1700 ext. 3000 for information on the ice rinks in your area.