Welland Summer Day Camp
Moments come and go, but memories last forever
School’s out, and the kids are looking for their next great adventure. The good news is they won’t have to look far. The City’s summer day camp is a creative, exciting, and enjoyable way to spend the summer months while making friends that last long after the last day.
Camp is available for kids ages 4 to 12.
Summer day camp age groups
- Munchkins 4 to 5 years
- Fun Factory 6 to 8 years
- Kool Kids 9 to 12 years
To determine your child’s group, it should correspond with their age on the first day of the first week they are attending camp.
Each age group will have age-appropriate activities that include, but are not limited to, crafts, sports, yoga, games, guest speakers, unique presentations, and fun, local excursions. There will also be theme weeks indicated on the camp activity calendar to be provided before camp begins.
Registered campers must bring lunch, drinks, snacks, and sunblock to camp each day.
Register online beginning March 8, 2023 at 9 a.m.
Important tips for registering online:
- The parent or guardian registering the child for camp needs to create an account (at no charge) before registering. Failing to create an account results in this error message at checkout, “We're sorry but you do not meet our minimum age requirement of 13 to purchase items online”.
- Proof of your child’s age and address must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or brought to the Welland Community Centre within 72 hours of online registration to secure your child’s spot in camp. If we have not received the documents, your child’s spot in camp will be released. Please title the email with “Proof of Birth Date and Address for [insert child’s name]”.
Register in-person beginning March 9, 2023 at 9 a.m.
The following items are required at time of registration:
- proof of child’s date of birth
- proof of child’s address
- completed registration form (copies are available at the Welland Community Centre)
Full week: Resident $152.43 / Non-resident $157.91
Four-day week (July 4 to 7 and August 8 to 11): Resident $121.96 / Non-resident $126.32
Note: Summer day camp is a weekly registration. Single days will not be permitted. Should you choose to register a child and they can only attend a partial week, the fee remains unchanged.
Late pick up fee: Late pick ups may be subject to a late fee per child, if charged.
Financial assistance: Subsidy request and referral form
Weeks 1 to 8: Diamond Trail School, 315 Southworth Street
Week 9: Welland Arena, 501 King Street
- Option 1: Cash/debit/credit card — payment in full at time of registration.
- Option 2: Weekly post-dated cheques or credit card payments payable three weeks in advance.
Camp refund policy
- Transferring weeks is not permitted.
- Withdrawal requests must be made by submitting a camp withdrawal request form.
- Notification via email or phone will not constitute a proper withdrawal request.
- A minimum of two weeks’ notice must be provided.
- An administration fee of $72.40 per week applies.
Ages: 13 to 15 years
Leaders in Training (LIT) are not paid staff but youth training for future opportunities. This program is designed to teach teamwork, co-operation, introductory leadership development, and initiative taking. Participants will spend part of each week with other LIT and camp leaders, receiving supervised hands-on experience, a LIT manual, and a certificate of successful completion.
Week 2: Monday, July 10 to Friday, July 14
Week 3: Monday, July 17 to Friday, July 21
Week 4: Monday, July 24 to Friday, July 28
Week 7: Monday, August 14 to Friday, August 18
Week 8: Monday, August 21 to Friday, August 25
Week 9: Monday, August 28 to Friday, September 1
Fee: Resident $205 / Non-resident $226
Our exciting program includes swimming, off-site trips to fun locations, and an assortment of interesting special guests. Our unique activities, qualified staff, low child-to-staff ratios, and convenient hours make the City of Welland summer day camp your number-one choice for summer fun.
Accessibility and inclusion for all
The recreation, sport, and culture division's programs are fully inclusive and welcome all children. If your child requires any extra support, please complete the personal information form and indicate this to a customer service clerk. If parents with children requiring additional support are already connected to Community Living Welland Pelham, they should contact their family support coordinator. The City does not provide one-to-one support. Campers may bring their own support worker at no additional cost, and they will be included as a camper.
Staff are mature and responsible individuals selected for their special abilities and experience working with children. All staff participate in intensive pre-camp training. Many are enrolled in university or college programs and have experience working in schools, recreation centres, or childcare centres. All staff are certified in First Aid, CPR, and High Five®.
- Recreation, Sport & Culture
- Welland Community Centre,
145 Lincoln St., Welland, ON L3B 6E1
- 905-735-1700 x4000