Canada Day Celebrations
Celebrate Canada Day in downtown Welland. Enjoy Family Fun in Merritt Park. Free activities on the water all from the King Street Docks. Final Round for the Canada 150 Talent Showcase starts at 2:30pm on the Merritt Park Amphitheatre. Fireworks at 9:50pm.
- When: Saturday, July 1, 2017
- Time: 12:00pm to 10:00pm
- On The Water @ Merritt Park:
Free Water Activities: Paddle Boards, Pedal Boats, Canoes and Kayaks
Wibit on the Water: Reach the peak on the massive IceTower XXL. Ride the tubes on RodeoSplash for the ultimate cooling-down experience.
Lifeguards will be On Duty for all water activities and Life Jackets are mandatory!
- On the Merritt Park Amphitheatre @ 7:30pm:
The beat definitely goes on this Canada Day when the legendary ’80s band The Kings take to the Merritt Park Amphitheatre, where they will no doubt perform their greatest hit: “This Beat Goes On/Switchin’ To Glide”.
Opening act: the Madhatters
- In The Park: Inflatables, Face Painting, Arts & Crafts, Canada Day Cupcakes, Pop-Up in the Park, Kub Kar Racing Track
- On King Street: Explore the Museum’s 150th Exhibit, Robert Wood Singers, Smudge Fundaes, Food Trucks, Bike Valet Onsite