Community Assistance During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The City of Welland recognizes the challenges being faced by vulnerable persons in the community due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The following resources are provided to help residents obtain essential supplies and groceries.
211 or 1-800-263-3695
Provides information on and referrals to community, social, health-related and government services.
Community Support Services of Niagara (CSSN)
Provides community support to help seniors and adults with disabilities live independently in their own home.
Grocery Delivery Program
905-788-3181 Ext. 706
Available for those who are unable to shop for themselves due to COVID-19 concerns. In order to qualify:
- Adult who is 65 or older or adult living with a disability; must have financial means to pay for groceries ie. credit card, cheque, etc. Priority given to those who meet risk category for COVID-19, without family within the Niagara Region, and are unable to drive.
- Program is restricted to use of local grocery stores who offer pick up service. Delivery is strongly reliant upon volunteer availability and store capacity.
Meals on Wheels
905-788-3181 Ext. 771
The program is provided to adults who are 60 or older or adults living with a disability.
- Hot meals are delivered Monday to Friday over the noon hour
- Frozen meals are delivered once a week
Provides a referral service to help connect an at-risk senior who is 55 or older with programs and services to help them stay safe and live independently in their own home.
Due to COVID-19, seniors who are isolated and/or vulnerable experiencing challenges with:
- Getting groceries, medication, personal hygiene products, housekeeping and pet supplies
- Driving to essential medical appointments
- Obtaining income support (such as Canada Pension Plan, Guaranteed Income Supplement and Old Age Security)
- Feeling lonely or worried
Faith Welland Church
905-735-6811 Ext. 20
Provides free grocery delivery to Welland residents
Canadian Muslim Response Network
During COVID-19, provides assistance to place grocery orders and offers free delivery service.
- Must be able pay for groceries with a credit card
- Program is restricted to local grocery stores who offer curbside pick-up service
The City of Welland does not endorse any entity listed but provides this information as a public service.