Training is a critical component of the delivery of all Fire Protection Services to our community. The division is responsible to support the growth, development and performance of each firefighter, from their recruitment to their retirement.
As new equipment, practices and skills are required, the staff in the Training Division facilitate the learning and skill advancement. Through creative learning opportunities and the coordinated use of existing buildings, challenging and relevant hands on training is conducted.
The Welland Fire and Emergency Services proudly utilizes several training props for practical skill development
- RIT maze and Firefighter Survival challenge maze
- SCBA skills and drills circuit
- Forcible Entry training prop
- Roof ventilation training prop
- Acquired 2 story structure modified for ongoing skill development
More information on fire training can be found on the Training Division Outline (pdf).