City of Welland Purchasing Services is responsible for coordinating the acquisition of goods and services for the City of Welland. Our primary objective is to seek and provide the best value for the taxpayers' dollar in the most cost effective way. This mandate will be achieved through coordinated teamwork with representatives from Client division coupled with a commitment to participate in and be involved with the procurement process at an early level to assist with the identification, selection, and timely acquisition of required goods and services. Our goal is to continually strive for best in class cost and quality to meet or exceed our Clients expectations and our involvement in the early stages of the acquisition cycle maximizes purchasing power through integrity, equality, efficiency and effectiveness.
These goals will be accomplished by:
- Awarding contracts to highly qualified vendors who have satisfied bid and proposal specifications.
- Instilling the highest ethical standards and best business practices while maintaining the highest quality in services, goods, and relations with our valued suppliers.
- Review and approval of purchase requisitions for tangible items and services;
- Conduct bid solicitations in accordance with the City By-Law and Purchasing Policy
- Ensure procedural compliance and adherence of the City’s Purchasing Policy.
- Reallocate usable surplus assets within the City or dispose of it by auction or suitable means.
- Research and evaluate bid specifications, products, services, and vendors.
- The City of Welland is a participating member in the following associations:
- The City of Welland intends to participate in collaborative group buying programs annually with the following organizations:
Bids called for projects, equipment, goods and services are either publicly advertised or by invitation. Bids are classified as formal or informal depending on the estimated value or complexity of the required item(s). There are four major categories of bid calls: telephone/electronic submissions, formal/informal quotations, public tenders and Request for Proposal (RFP). All public bid documents are advertised through the "City Tenders and Bids" section of the City’s website in accordance with the City's policies. Bid Documents and further instructions also posted at www.biddingo.com/welland.
All City of Welland formal competitive bid processes are posted on biddingo.com/welland and are organized by commodity. To receive free City of Welland alerts regarding new bid opportunities, please complete the vendor application form.
The City of Welland is adopting a paperless bidding process, or “E-Bidding” via biddingo.com/welland. Bid instructions will indicate whether traditional paper or the new electronic responses are required. As this program matures the electronic formats will become the majority. To learn more about the E-Bidding system, you may sign up and participate in a free webinar offering by visiting biddingo.com/training where the following topics are covered:
- How to access electronic bid forms
- How to navigate the e-Response portal
- How to upload documents
- How to submit your response
Addendum(s) to any bid document will be posted at biddingo.com/welland and the City Tenders and Bids section of the City’s website. It is the bidder's responsibility to check these web pages often for any and all addendum(s). Any submission received without “ALL” issued addendums signed and acknowledged or containing any document received by the City that has been altered and does not exactly match the document as posted by the City, will be rejected.
- Bid Registration Form
- No Bid Notice Form
- Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
- Purchasing By-Law #2015-1 and Copy of Purchasing Policy
- Vendor Survey
- Niagara Peninsula Standard Contract Document
- Introduction to CETA
- Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA)
- Ontario-Québec Trade and Cooperation Agreement (OQTCA)
If you are interested in doing business with the City, vendors need to register. Registered vendors will receive an email alert when any new solicitations are issued regarding City procurements that relate to the selected commodities.