Reporting to the Transit Manager, the WellTrans Coordinator is responsible for all scheduling, dispatch and overall administration of WellTrans transportation services. This position also provides administrative support to the Transit Office Coordinator.
4:00pm on Friday, March 23, 2018.
The annual salary range for this full time, non-union position is $52,930 - $63,520. The Corporation also offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Department / Reports To:
Corporate Services / Transit Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties listed are not meant to provide a description of each and every job performed but only those which represent the core functions of the job.
- Schedule and dispatch rides for WellTrans clients, adjust schedules for emergencies and cancellations as required, maintain radio contact with drivers.
- Screen and approve applicants for WellTrans services, Support Person passes, and identify needs of qualified clients.
- Operate the TransView scheduling and dispatching delivery functions. Maintain the data base and implement system upgrades.
- Provide customer service for WellTrans, Conventional and Regional Transit by responding to questions and complaints, prepare newsletters and posters to communicate route and schedule changes, explain transit policies, and maintain written records of complaints and bus incidents.
- Compile WellTrans trip and passenger statistics (i.e. revenue passengers, kilometers, and fuel consumption) and generates reports for the Transit Manager, city officials and government agencies (CUTA).
- Sort and process daily cash receipts and prepare bank deposits; maintain cash records by route and maintain accounting functions for ticket sale outlets, operators and at the Transit Terminal.
- Prepare and process vouchers for charters, rentals and other billings and related accounting records for invoicing by the Finance Department.
- Prepare and process accounts receivable and maintain related accounting functions.
- In liaison with the Transit Office Coordinator, maintain administrative operating procedures for WellTrans and conventional services in accordance with policies established by Council.
- Receive and direct incoming correspondence to appropriate personnel, screen and direct telephone inquiries and maintain lost and found services.
- Train and support Transit Terminal Clerks.
- Reconcile ticket sales on a daily basis, including Regional tickets and passes.
- Grade twelve (12) diploma, or equivalent.
- Two (2) year College Diploma in Office Administration or similar field is considered an asset.
- Three (3) years’ experience in an administrative role, with the ability to perform basic accounting functions.
- Experience with local agencies and community organizations that provide services for persons with disabilities.
- Knowledge of Transit operations, and the geography of the City and Region is an asset.
- Working knowledge of AODA and other relevant legislation.
- Proficient with computer applications such as Microsoft Office and standard accounting software.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communications skills with the ability to respond to inquiries and complaints, and to generate written reports.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a current resume clearly marked “WellTrans Coordinator”
via email to email@example.com or in person at:
Human Resources Department
City of Welland
60 East Main Street