Under the direction of the General Manager, Corporate Services, the Transit Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Welland Transit, including operations, maintenance, administration, planning, and revenue collection. This position is also responsible for short and long term Transit planning and scheduling, and is accountable for updating the Transit Master Plan and ongoing strategic planning.
4:00pm on Friday, March 23, 2018.
The annual salary range for this full time, non-union position is $84,892 - $101,997. The Corporation also offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Department / Reports To:
Corporate Services / General Manager, Corporate Services/Chief Financial Officer
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties listed are not meant to provide a description of each and every job performed but only those which represent the core functions of the job.
- Oversee all aspects of Welland Transit, including operations, maintenance, administration, planning, and revenue collection.
- Manages Division staff by assigning and reviewing work, providing guidance on technical and administrative problems, and reporting on performance.
- Develop, review, and recommend operating and capital, budgets to the General Manager, Corporate Services. Monitor implementation of the budgets to ensure performance objectives are attained and take remedial actions when necessary.
- Develop and review short and long term Transit planning and scheduling goals; including operation timetables and driver schedules.
- Accountable for updating the Transit Master Plan, and ongoing strategic planning.
- Manage the daily on street operations of Welland Transit, Well-Trans and Regional Transit service.
- Responsible for all matters pertaining to accessibility adherence regulations, implementations, and developments and ensuring Welland Transit is in compliance with all Provincial and Federal regulations and legislation.
- Represent the City’s interest on the Inter-municipal Transit Coordination Committee
- Responsible for informing stakeholders of service revisions including; developing and distribution of announcements, brochures, bus schedules, advertising and press releases.
- Accountable for statistical data requirements for; government agencies, the municipality, the Region, CUTA, and multiple Business Improvement Areas.
- Responsible for the provision, design, and maintenance of Transit amenities and infrastructure including; bus stops, shelters, benches, and marketing signage.
- Directs and participates in the development of new, and/or modified service schedules, and the production of public timetables and driver schedules.
- Assures the service is operating in the most cost effective and efficient manner through the preparation and implementation of work plans and special projects to address operational revisions, including recommendations for; commencement, improvement, modification, or elimination of services, and increasing customer ridership.
- Responsible for negotiating and managing contracts with; Student Unions, the Region, municipalities and other outside agencies.
- Two (2) Transit Supervisors
- Transit Office Coordinator
- Well-Trans Coordinator
- Part-Time Office Clerk
- A University Degree or College Diploma in Business Administration, Transportation, or equivalent.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in a supervisory capacity, preferably within a Municipal Transit organization, or similar supervisory experience within a unionized environment.
- Strong knowledge and awareness of the applicable standards, acts and legislations which govern and impact all facets of a Municipal Transit operation in Ontario.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong presentation skills, with the ability to interact courteously, diplomatically and tactfully with employees, officials, members of the public and members of staff.
- Strong organizational skills to ensure proper work planning and scheduling, as well as the ability to expedite issues to promote effectiveness and efficiency.
- Strong analytical, problem identification and solution development skills.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a current resume clearly marked “Transit Manager”
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at:
Human Resources Department
City of Welland
60 East Main Street