On Water Attendant - WIFC
The City of Welland is seeking On-Water Attendants, working out of the Welland International Flat Water Centre (WIFC). Under the direction of the Arena and Canal Lands Foreman, On-Water Attendants are responsible for installing the North and South Courses, event set up (including picnic tables, tents, and garbage drums), operating equipment such as a pontoon, wakeless and zodiac motor boat, golf cart, gator, and trailers and set up/tear down for building rentals. This position is also responsible for general janitorial duties, garbage removal, dock inspections, record keeping and incident reports.
4:00pm on Thursday, March 15, 2018
The rate of pay for this part-time position is $14.00 per hour.
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Certification
- Valid Pleasure Craft Operator Card
- Valid Ontario Drivers Licence (Class G2 or higher)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid Bronze Cross or Bronze Medallion certification is considered an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
This is a physically demanding positions, with varying hours including evenings, weekends and holidays throughout the summer months.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a current resume clearly marked “On Water Attendant”
via email to email@example.com or in person at:
Human Resources Department
City of Welland
60 East Main Street