Lifeguard and Lifeguard Instructors - Outdoor Pools
The City of Welland is currently seeking applications for seasonal Lifeguards working at the various outdoor pools. Under the direction of the Aquatic Coordinator, Lifeguards are responsible for facilitating a variety of aquatic programs, services and activities at three outdoor swimming pools. Further duties include deck supervision and securing the safety of patrons in the event of emergency. Lifeguard Instructors are responsible for preparing lesson plans and delivering the Canadian Red Cross Water Safety program.
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Certification
- Valid National Lifeguard and/or Canadian Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
- Valid CRC Water Safety Instructor Certification (Instructor position only)
- Valid High Five: Principles of Healthy Childhood Development Certification
- (visit www.highfive.org for more information)
- Clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check (as per the City’s Police Background Check procedure)
4:00pm on Friday, March 29, 2019.
The rates of pay for these part-time positions are $14.72 (Lifeguard) and $15.73 (Instructor) per hour.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a current resume clearly marked “Lifeguard – Outdoor pools” or “Lifeguard Instructor – Outdoor Pools”
via email to email@example.com or in person at:
Human Resources Department
City of Welland
60 East Main Street