The City of Welland is currently seeking applications for a Part Time Lifeguard. Under the direction of the Aquatics Coordinator, lifeguards are responsible for facilitating a variety of aquatic programs, services, and activities at the Welland Community Wellness Complex. Further duties include deck supervision and securing the safety of patrons in the event of an emergency. Water Safety Instructors are responsible for preparing lesson plans and delivering the Red Cross Swim Program.
4:00pm on Friday, December 21, 2018.
Primary hours of work are weekdays, between the hours of 8:00am and 4:30pm.
The rate of pay for this part-time position is $15.50 per hour.
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Certification
- Valid National Lifeguard Service Certification (Lifesaving Society or Canadian Red Cross)
- Valid Water Safety Instructor Certification (instructor position only)
- Valid High Five: Principles of Healthy Childhood Development Certification
(visit www.highfive.org for more information)
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check (as per the City’s Police Background Check procedure)
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a current resume clearly marked “Lifeguard”
via email to email@example.com or in person at:
Human Resources Department
City of Welland
60 East Main Street