Human Resources Coordinator – Compensation and Benefits
Under the direction of the Manager of Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator – Compensation and Benefits is responsible for the administration and support of the various compensation and benefit plans, including maintaining salary schedules and administering the pension plan. This position is also responsible for providing support in other key areas of human resources including recruitment and selection, health and safety, and training and development. This position provides excellent front line customer service to both internal and external customers.
Posting closes at 4:00pm on Friday, October 11th, 2019.
The annual salary range for this full time, non-union position is $61,508 - $73.810.
Manager of Human Resources
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties listed are not meant to provide a description of each and every job performed but only those which represent the core functions of the job.
- Administer and maintain all employee benefit plans, including assisting with the negotiation of benefit plans, developing policies and procedures governing benefits administration and ensuring ongoing compliance with standards.
- Input all payroll, pension and benefits information into the HRIS system, including enrollment, change in status, retirements and terminations.
- Complete billings and reconciliation of monthly benefit statements, including working with providers to resolve any discrepancies.
- Administer and maintain the OMERS pension plan, including processing any changes, terminations, leave periods and retirements and responding to inquiries from plan members.
- Provide assistance to employees regarding all benefits plans, including life insurance, extended health and dental benefits and the pension plan.
- Prepare and maintain employee records, including paper filing and electronic records, in accordance with the Corporation’s Retention By-law.
- Maintain and input data into the department software systems, including the HRIS and Health and Safety Database.
- Assist in monitoring department expenditures by preparing vouchers for payment, obtaining the appropriate signatures, and tracking expenses by reviewing monthly reports.
- Assist with the recruitment and selection process by creating files, distributing postings and collecting and logging incoming applications.
- Assist in the administration of the disability management program by receiving and logging information, filing and sending correspondence to employees and/or managers as required.
- Assist with the coordination of health and safety initiatives, and assist in maintaining the City of Welland Health and Safety Training website and MSDS online database.
- Provide general office support including front line customer service and responding inquiries in person, via email and on the telephone.
- Perform other similar and related duties, as required.
- A University Degree and/or College Diploma in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, or related discipline.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation, and/or Payroll Certification is considered an asset.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a generalist Human Resources, or Office Administration role.
- Experience with benefit and pension administration, payroll and basic accounting is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of all relevant Acts, legislation and applicable regulations (e.g. Occupational Health and Safety Act, Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Human Rights Code, WSIB, Pension and Benefits Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act).
- Professional customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to multi-task within a dynamic environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, sound judgment, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, with the ability to adapt quickly to applicable software.
- Ability to work in a team environment, connect with key external and internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization and to function effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under conditions of strict confidentiality is essential.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a current resume clearly marked Human Resources Coordinator
via email to email@example.com or in person at:
Human Resources Department
City of Welland
60 East Main Street