Ward and Poll division boundaries are outlined on the Ward/Poll Map.
During the period commencing May 1st, 2018 and completed on Nomination Day July 27th, 2018 at 2:00 p.m., the following persons filed all necessary papers, declarations, and fees and as Clerk, I am satisfied that such persons are qualified and that their Nominations satisfy the requirements of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996. I have, therefore, certified such candidates in the Municipal Election to be held October 22nd, 2018:
- Municipal Councillors
- Regional Councillors
- School Board Trustees
- For information regarding the REGIONAL CHAIR OFFICE, please visit www.niagaravotes.ca
Here is a complete listing of Certified Candidates
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISER REGISTRATIONS MAY BE FILED UNTIL 4:30 P.M. FRIDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2018
The list of Third Party Advertisers who are registered with the City of Welland for the 2018 Municipal Election is also available for public viewing at the City of Welland, Civic Square, 60 East Main Street, during regular office hours from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday, holidays excepted. As third party registrations are received, this list will be updated.
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
- First day for candidates to file a nomination paper for the office of mayor, regional chair, city council, regional council or school board trustee.
- First day for an individual or entity to file a notice of registration as a third party advertiser.
- Campaign period begins once a nomination paper or notice of registration is filed.
- Preliminary expense limit and other legislative documentation provided to candidates and third party advertisers on the day they file.
Friday, July 27, 2018
- Last day for a candidate to file or withdraw a nomination.
- Nominations or withdrawal cannot be accepted beyond 2 p.m.
Monday, July 30, 2018
- Certification of nomination papers to be completed by 4 p.m.
- Declaration of acclamation provided after 4 p.m.
- After the certification of the candidates, Proxy appointment forms will be available for electors who cannot vote on any of the voting days.
Tuesday, September 4, 2018
- Voters' list available to certified candidates.
- Revision period begins - Electors may update or add their name to the voters' list.
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
- Final expense limits provided to candidates and third party advertisers.
Friday, October 19, 2018
- Last day for an individual or entity to file a notice of registration as a third party advertiser.
Monday, October 22, 2018 - Election Day
- Voting Day - Polls will be open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Monday, December 3, 2018
- Inaugural Meeting of City Council, 2018-2022
Monday, December 31, 2018
- Campaign period ends for candidates and registered third parties.
- Last day for candidate or registered third parties to file an Extension of campaign period (Form 6).
Questions, Assistance, and Accessibility
If you have questions, comments or concerns regarding the Municipal Election, please contact the City Clerk’s staff. They will be pleased to assist you.
Telephone: 905-735-1700 ext. 2193