Ward boundaries are outlined on the Ward Map.
NOMINATIONS MAY BE FILED UNTIL 2:00 P.M. ON JULY 27, 2018
The list of candidates who have filed nomination papers is also available for public viewing at the City of Welland, Civic Square, 60 East Main Street, during regular office hours from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday, holidays excepted.
All nominations are unofficial until certified by the Clerk. Candidates may withdraw their nominations up until 2:00 p.m. on Friday July 27, 2018. The Clerk will certify or reject nominations by 4:00 pm on July 30, 2018.
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
- First day for candidates to file a nomination paper for the office of mayor, regional chair, city council, regional council or school board trustee.
- First day for an individual or entity to file a notice of registration as a third party advertiser.
- Campaign period begins once a nomination paper or notice of registration is filed.
- Preliminary expense limit and other legislative documentation provided to candidates and third party advertisers on the day they file.
Friday, July 27, 2018
- Last day for a candidate to file or withdraw a nomination.
- Nominations or withdrawal cannot be accepted beyond 2 p.m.
Monday, July 30, 2018
- Certification of nomination papers to be completed by 4 p.m.
- Declaration of acclamation provided after 4 p.m.
- After the certification of the candidates, Proxy appointment forms will be available for electors who cannot vote on any of the voting days.
Tuesday, September 4, 2018
- Voters' list available to certified candidates.
- Revision period begins - Electors may update or add their name to the voters' list.
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
- Final expense limits provided to candidates and third party advertisers.
Friday, October 19, 2018
- Last day for an individual or entity to file a notice of registration as a third party advertiser.
Monday, October 22, 2018 - Election Day
- Voting Day - Polls will be open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Monday, December 3, 2018
- Inaugural Meeting of City Council, 2018-2022
Monday, December 31, 2018
- Campaign period ends for candidates and registered third parties.
- Last day for candidate or registered third parties to file an Extension of campaign period (Form 6).
Questions, Assistance, and Accessibility
If you have questions, comments or concerns regarding the Municipal Election, please contact the City Clerk’s staff. They will be pleased to assist you.
Telephone: 905-735-1700 ext. 2193