On January 17, 2017, Welland City Council adopted a Code of Conduct for the Mayor and Members of Council. Council has also approved the appointment of an Integrity Commissioner whose role is to provide advice, assistance and training to Council and investigate and assess complaints regarding an alleged breach of the Council Code of Conduct. The Integrity Commissioner is not responsible for investigating the actions of city staff.
The City of Welland’s Integrity Commissioner is Deborah C. Anschell, ADR Chambers Inc., who was appointed by Welland City Council on January 19, 2021.
ADR Chambers Office,
180 Duncan Mill Road, 4th Floor, Toronto, M3B 1Z6
Phone: 416-362-8555 or Toll-free 1-800-856-5154
An Informal Complaint Protocol has been approved by Welland City Council on April 13, 2021. The Informal Complaint Protocol is to encourage persons and organizations to utilize, as a means of stopping and remedying a behavior or activity that is prohibited by the Code of Conduct for Members of Council.
To file a formal complaint with the Integrity Commissioner, the following Complaint Form is to be completed.
Integrity Commissioner Reports
- March 2, 2021 – Councillor Speck
- February 2, 2021 - Councillor Speck
- November 3, 2020 - Councillor Speck
- November 3, 2020 - Councillor DiMarco and Councillor Van Vliet
- November 3, 2020 - Councillor DiMarco
- May 5, 2020 - Councillor DiMarco
- May 5, 2020 - Councillor Spinosa
- November 7, 2017 - Councillor DiMarco
- January 17, 2017 - Councillor P. Chiocchio