On January 17, 2017, Welland City Council adopted a Code of Conduct for the Mayor and Members of Council. Council also approved the appointment of an integrity commissioner to provide advice, assistance, and training to Council, and also investigate and assess complaints regarding an alleged breach of the Council Code of Conduct.
The City of Welland’s integrity commissioner is Deborah C. Anschell, ADR Chambers Inc., who was appointed by Welland City Council on January 19, 2021.
ADR Chambers Inc.
- 180 Duncan Mill Road, 4th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M3B 1Z6
- 1-800-856-5154 or 416-362-8555
An informal complaint protocol was approved by Welland City Council on April 13, 2021. The protocol is to encourage persons and organizations to utilize, as a means of stopping and remedying a behaviour or activity prohibited by the Code of Conduct for Members of Council. A complaint form must be completed to file a formal complaint with the integrity commissioner.
- February 21, 2023 Councillor DiMarco
- August 18, 2022 Councillor DiMarco
- March 2, 2021 – Councillor Speck
- February 2, 2021 - Councillor Speck
- November 3, 2020 - Councillor Speck
- November 3, 2020 - Councillor DiMarco and Councillor Van Vliet
- November 3, 2020 - Councillor DiMarco
- May 5, 2020 - Councillor DiMarco
- May 5, 2020 - Councillor Spinosa
- November 7, 2017 - Councillor DiMarco
- January 17, 2017 - Councillor P. Chiocchio
Policies and procedures