City of Welland staff can help your organization become eligible for lottery licensing which is an instrumental means of fundraising for many charitable purposes to benefit the local community. Please contact the Games Licensing Clerk at 905-735-1700 ext. 2153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for lottery licensing, the Applicant must qualify as a Charitable, Religious or Non-profit organization. The qualifications are as follows:
- The relief of poverty.
- The advancement of education.
- The advancement of religion.
- Other charitable purposes beneficial to the community.
To determine eligibility the Organization must supply the following documentations:
- A copy of Letters of Incorporation, Charitable Registration or Constitution and/or By-laws.
- A copy of its budget for the preceding and coming years.
- A completed Application for Licensing Eligibility.
- A list of the Board of Directors.
An Organization must be in existence for at least one (1) year before being considered eligible for Lottery Licenses.
Lottery Licence Terms and Conditions – http://www.agco.on.ca/pdfs/en/terms_cond/4240_g.pdf
Different types of Lottery Licenses issued at City Hall
- Raffle Lottery Application https://www.agco.ca/sites/default/files/6004_g.pdf
- Raffle Licence Terms and Conditions http://www.agco.on.ca/pdfs/en/terms_cond/6004A_g.pdf
- Raffle Licence Application Information
- 50/50 Raffle Lottery Information.
- Bazaar Lottery Application https://www.agco.ca/sites/default/files/6004_g.pdf
- Bazaar Licence Terms and Conditions http://www.agco.on.ca/pdfs/en/terms_cond/3010_g.pdf
Break open tickets are instant win lottery tickets commonly known as Pull Tab, Nevada or Break Open Tickets.
- Break Open Ticket Application https://www.agco.ca/sites/default/files/6140_g.pdf
- Break Open Ticket Terms and Conditions http://www.agco.on.ca/pdfs/en/terms_cond/4016_g.pdf
- Bingo Lottery Application http://www.agco.on.ca/forms/bi/6002_g.pdf
- Regular and Special Bingo Terms and Conditions http://www.agco.on.ca/pdfs/en/terms_cond/3011_g.pdf
- Pooling Hall Bingo Lottery Application
- Pooling Hall Bingo Terms and Conditions http://www.agco.on.ca/pdfs/en/terms_cond/4241_g.pdf
Lottery License Fees:
The License fee, as set by the Province, is based on 3% of the prize value for Raffle, Break Open Ticket and regular Bingo lotteries. The License fee for Bingo in a pooling hall is $100 per event. There is a minimum License fee of $15.00.
All Organizations must submit a Financial Report after the Event. The Report for Break Open Ticket, Raffle and Bazaar lotteries must be filed within 30 days of the Event. Individual Bingo Lottery Reports must be filed within 15 days of the Event. Bingo Reports from a pooling hall must be filed monthly.
- Raffle/Bazaar Lottery Report https://www.agco.ca/sites/default/files/6347_g.pdf
- Break Open Ticket Lottery Report https://www.agco.ca/sites/default/files/4218_g.pdf
- Bingo Lottery Report
Where to apply for a Lottery License
To apply for Lottery Licenses you must first complete the Application for Licensing Eligibility and the appropriate Lottery Application, i.e. Bingo, Break Open Ticket, Raffle or Bazaar. All Application forms are available at City Hall in the Clerk’s Department.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Lotteries for non-profit and charitable organizations must be licensed.
- Activities are regulated by the Criminal Code of Canada, Section 206 & 207, Order-in-Council and the Gaming Control Act, 1992 and Regulations.
- It is illegal to print tickets, promote, or conduct a charitable gaming event without a licence.