- Due to construction at the Seaway Mall the bus stop at the rear of the Mall (Bulk Barn) will not be in service. Effective immediately (July, 22, 2014) the Community bus will be loading/unloading passengers at the Main Bus Stop (Niagara St.) all Well Trans buses will be loading/unloading at the Cinema entrance, and the Senior Charter will be loading/unloading at Pizza Pizza entrance until further notice. This work is expected to last approximately two weeks depending on the weather. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Main Street Bridge Closure Announcements
- Attention Passengers:
due to continuing concerns with traffic congestion and missed connections due to the Bridge closure the following detours will take effect June 2, 2014. These changes should help with schedule adherence on Routes 5 Lincoln-Wellington and Route 9 Niagara.
Route 5 Lincoln-Wellington: effective June 2, 2014 the bus will no longer service the Tanguay/Promenade Richelieu loop. Please board the bus on Wellington for these affected stops. This bus will also use Burgar St to East Main St. to the Terminal instead of King St. to Division
Route 9 Niagara: Effective June 2, 2014 the bus will no longer service the Zehr’s Plaza starting with the 11:15 am trip up to and including the 4:15 pm trip
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. These detours will last until the bridge reopens and regular routing resumes.
Please call our office 905-735-1700 ext. 3101 or ask our driver for clarification.
- Attention Passengers due to the Main St. Bridge closure the following detours will take effect March 31st 2014 on the following routes.
Please see affected areas to determine closest stop for affected Routes. These detours will remain in effect until the finish of work on the bridge expected to be at the end of September 2014.
Niagara College and Brock Announcements
- Attention Niagara College Summer Students
Attention Niagara College students later service on the NOTL Summer service has been added. Effective Monday May 12, 2014 one trip has been added Monday to Thursday leaving Niagara College Welland campus at 9:30 pm and NOTL Campus at 10:00 pm. Check schedule for details.
Effective May 1, 2014 Welland Transit will be providing a U Pass service for summer Niagara College students only. Students must have a letter of acceptance from the College to use the bus service until they can obtain their appropriate sticker from the Student Administrative Council (SAC) office. Summer Students must have their sticker by May 9th, 2014 or pay the appropriate fare.
NOTL Link as well, Welland Transit will be providing service between Welland campus and Niagara Falls, Morrison Rd. Plaza (Target Plaza) and the Niagara on the Lake campus.
- Attention Niagara College and Brock students
Brock Link – the Brock Link service has ended and will resume again in September 2014.
Transit Notices and Announcements
- Attention: Welland Transit Passengers
The loading /unloading locations at the Terminal for the buses will change effective January 6, 2014. This change is necessary to accommodate the rerouting of Route 5 and to better serve our passengers. Diagrams of the new locations are available at the Terminal. For assistance ask at the Terminal counter, call our office or ask your driver for help. 905 – 735-1700 x 3101
click on the logo to find out more on
Priority & Courtesy Seating
- Niagara Region Transit
New Bus Service between St. Catharines, Niagara Falls and Welland with improved feeder service to and from Pt. Colborne and Ft. Erie. Please follow the link for more details www.niagararegion.ca/transit
- Accessible Conventional Service
Welland Transit is pleased to announce that Route #3 First Avenue is now accessible. This provides accessible service to Niagara College and the Wellness Centre.