Terminal Hours are changing - Effective Oct 11, 2016
Monday to Friday Terminal will be open; 7:00am to 9:30pm
Ticket Sales: 7:00-9:15
Saturday Terminal will be open; 7:15am to 6:30pm
Ticket Sales 7:15am-6:15pm
Revised Detour Route 9
Effective Monday, Sept 26
Effective Monday, Sept. 26, 2016, due to construction closing Merritt at Niagara the following revised detour will be in effect on Route 9 Niagara. This detour is expected to last for approximately 7 weeks.
* East Main to West Main to (R) Prince Charles Dr. (R) First Ave. (R) Fitch St. (L) onto Somerville, follow around onto Merritt, (L) onto Fell, (R) onto Church, cross Niagara to Aquaduct turn left and follow regular routing to Seaway Mall.
The bus will then exit from Mall (L) onto Niagara St. and (L) onto Woodlawn, (R) River Rd., (R) Dorothy (L) into Terminal.
NOTE: Niagara St bus will not service Zehrs during this time period.
* Note: Monday, October 17th and Tuesday, October 18th, due to a closure of Church St., we will need to make a slight revision to our revision! For these two days we will use Elgin instead of Church to get across Niagara.
Niagara College and Brock Announcements
“U-Pass” - September 2016 – April 30, 2017
Effective September 6, 2016 Welland Transit will be providing a U Pass service for all eligible full time Niagara College and Brock University students. Eligible Students may use a letter of acceptance or course schedule from the College or University as fare payment until September 16, 2016. Please obtain your sticker as soon as possible from the Student Administrative Council (SAC) or Brock University Students Union (BUSU) office to use the bus service and avoid having to pay cash fare. The U-Pass entitles all students to use all bus services of Welland Transit, including the Port Colborne services.
- Niagara College students and Brock University students – the Brock Link bus will be connecting Niagara College with Brock University for Niagara College students in St. Catharines and Brock University students in Welland. Service starts Sept. 6. 2016. Brock Link schedule
- NOTL Link - Welland Transit will also be providing bus service between Welland Campus and Niagara on the Lake Campus -NOTL Link* as per the following schedule. Service starts Sept. 6, 2016.
NOTE: *Please be aware that during reading weeks the service level is reduced. Please refer to web site for reduced service weeks and reduced service weeks schedule.
Detours due to the construction on Niagara Street
Route detour for route #3 are until further notice/subject to change due to ongoing construction.
Route #3 reroute due to construction:
Inbound/Returning to Terminal : Regular routing to Niagara College, Straight on First Ave, Right on Fitch Street, Left on Prince Charles Drive, Left on West Main St, Right on Division, regular routing to Terminal.
Monthly Pass Increase
Effective July 1, 2016
Please be aware that monthly pass rates will increase for July 1, 2016. The new fares will be:
Adult/ Post Secondary Student Monthly Pass - $78.00
Student - $68.00
Senior (65 and older) - $59.00
- There has not been a monthly pass increase since 2008
- Our expenses have increased significantly since 2008
- We are improving our evening service Monday – Friday
- No further fare increases for 2016.
- Plan recommended in Transit Master plan and approved by Council
- Monday to Friday evening service improvements. Effective July 4, 2016 The evening Community Bus service will be replaced with the new modified conventional service. Routes 3,4,6 and 9 will leave the Terminal starting at 6:45 pm and every hour until 10:45 pm inclusive. Routes 1,2,5 and 8 will leave the Terminal starting at 7:15 pm and operate every hour until 10:15 pm inclusive.
- Effective July 4th, note that on Saturdays Route 2 and Route 4 will switch their departure times from the Terminal. Route 2 will leave the Terminal at 15 after the hour and Route 4 will leave the Terminal at 45 after the hour.
Welland Transit Announcements
All Routes and Schedules information can be found by selecting Routes and Schedules in the menu to the left. For more information call our office at 905 735-1700 ext. 3101.
Niagara Region Transit
- Bus Service between St. Catharines, Niagara Falls and Welland with improved feeder service to and from Pt. Colborne and Ft. Erie. Please follow the link for more details www.niagararegion.ca/transit
click on the logo to find out more on
Priority & Courtesy Seating