Monthly Pass Increase
Effective July 1, 2016
Please be aware that monthly pass rates will increase for July 1, 2016. The new fares will be:
Adult/ Post Secondary Student Monthly Pass - $78.00
Student - $68.00
Senior (65 and older) - $59.00
- There has not been a monthly pass increase since 2008
- Our expenses have increased significantly since 2008
- We are improving our evening service Monday – Friday
- No further fare increases for 2016.
- Plan recommended in Transit Master plan and approved by Council
- Monday to Friday evening service improvements. Effective July 4, 2016 The evening Community Bus service will be replaced with the new modified conventional service. Routes 3,4,6 and 9 will leave the Terminal starting at 6:45 pm and every hour until 10:45 pm inclusive. Routes 1,2,5 and 8 will leave the Terminal starting at 7:15 pm and operate every hour until 10:15 pm inclusive.
- Effective July 4th, note that on Saturdays Route 2 and Route 4 will switch their departure times from the Terminal. Route 2 will leave the Terminal at 15 after the hour and Route 4 will leave the Terminal at 45 after the hour.
Route 6 Detour
Attention: Passengers due to construction on Wright St. Route 6 Ontario Rd. will detour effective Wednesday June 15, 2016.
Detour will be upon leaving the Rose City Plaza the bus will turn right onto Ontario Rd. and then left onto Deere St. left onto Sager, right onto Wright and left onto Gordon and regular routing.
This detour is expected to last until September.
PORT LINK DETOUR
Due to Dain City bridge restrictions the following detour will be effective immediately.
From Port Colborne City Hall
Regular routing to Elm Street; From Elm St.
bus will continue with regular routing
From Welland Terminal
Regular routing to King St. When on King Street, instead of turning left onto Canal Bank, bus will turn left onto Hwy#58 and then carry on with regular routing.
Niagara College and Brock Announcements
- Attention Brock Link passengers:
Brock University and Niagara College Students:
Please note the Brock Link bus service ends April 22nd. Please note U Pass remains effective on in town service until April 30th, 2016.
St. Catharines students - For travel to Niagara College - Welland from Brock University and return please see schedule and timetable.
- Niagara College Students:
- Niagara College “Summer Students”- Attention Niagara College Summer Students only
- Summer U Pass begins May 2, 2016 (please have your I.D., class timetable, letter of acceptance, student card with you)
- Get your U Pass sticker from SAC office as soon as possible. Grace period ends May 13th, 2016
- Summer 2016 NOTL schedule
Closure - Merrittville Highway
- Attention Brock Link passengers:
Due to the closure of the Merrittville Highway at the DeCou Bridge the following detour will take place effective Wednesday Sept. 16 to Brock University: upon arrival at Merrittville and Beaverdams Rd. the bus will turn east at Beaverdams and then north on Highway 406, onto the St. Davids Rd. West ramp and into Brock University.
The reverse routing will apply for the trip to Niagara College, Welland.
Welland Transit Announcements
All Routes and Schedules information can be found by selecting Routes and Schedules in the menu to the left. For more information call our office at 905 735-1700 ext. 3101.
Niagara Region Transit
- Bus Service between St. Catharines, Niagara Falls and Welland with improved feeder service to and from Pt. Colborne and Ft. Erie. Please follow the link for more details www.niagararegion.ca/transit
click on the logo to find out more on
Priority & Courtesy Seating