Proposed Route Adjustments - Public Meeting Oct. 7, 2014
- A public meeting will be held to discuss proposed Transit Route Adjustments. This meeting will take place at the Community Room, 2nd Floor of the Welland Arena, 501 King St. between 5:00 pm and 7:30 pm. Proposed Route adjustments to Route 1 Broadway, Route 3 First Ave., Route 4 Fitch, Route 5 Lincoln-Wellington and Route 8 Woodlawn. These measures are from recommendations from the Transit Strategic Plan and are designed to increase ridership and enhance schedule adherence. Your comments are appreciated. Email Transit or call 905 735-1700 ext. 3101
Main St. Bridge reopening
- Attention passengers: Due to Main St. Bridge reopening, Welland Transit will return to regular routing effective Monday Sept. 29, 2014. This will allow sufficient time to inform the public, make necessary changes at bus stops and ensure the bridge work is completed. For any questions please contact us at 905 735-1700 ext. 3101.
Niagara College and Brock Announcements
- September 2014 - Attention Niagara College and Brock Students
Effective September 2, 2014 Welland Transit will be providing a U Pass service for all eligible full time Niagara College and Brock University students. Eligible Students may use a letter of acceptance from the College or University as fare payment until September 12, 2014. Please obtain your sticker as soon as possible from the Student Administrative Council (SAC) office to use the bus service and avoid having to pay cash fare.
- NOTL Link - Welland Transit will also be providing bus service between Welland Campus and Niagara on the Lake Campus - NOTL Link* as per the following schedule (pdf). Service starts Sept. 2, 2014.
*Please note the service level that is provided due to reduced service during reading Weeks.
- Niagara College students and Brock University students
Brock Link bus will be connecting Niagara College with Brock University for Niagara College students in St. Catharines and Brock University students in Welland. Service starts Sept. 2. 2014.
Route 5 Detour
Due to construction on Plymouth the following detour is in effect until further notice. We expect the detour to last 2 months.
After turning right onto Nelles the bus will turn right onto Bishop,, right onto Churchill, left onto McNaughton, left onto Exeter, onto Dover, left onto First St.,right onto Plymouth and follow regular routing.
Please board the bus at the following locations:
- Nelles and Bishop;
- Bishop and Churchill, and
- First St. and Plymouth.
Detour – Quaker Rd. Effective immediately
Due to construction on Quaker Rd. the following buses will detour via Woodlawn Rd.
- Route 8 Woodlawn – leaving Seaway Mall turning left onto Niagara, right onto Woodlawn, Right onto First and left into College and regular routing.
- Brock Link – returning to College via Niagara St. right onto Woodlawn, right onto First and left into College and follow regular routing.
- NOTL Link – Returning to College via Niagara St. right onto Woodlawn, right onto First and left into College and follow regular routing.
- Port Colborne Link – Leaving Niagara College turning right onto First, Left onto Woodlawn and left onto Niagara and right into Seaway Mall and follow regular routing.
- Route 10 West Community- leaving Zehrs –right onto Niagara, right onto Woodlawn, right onto First and left into College and follow regular routing.
We apologize for the lateness in this message however we were given last minute notification.
Niagara Region Transit
- Click here to view the new routing for Route 60 – 65 Welland – Niagara Falls
- Bus Service between St. Catharines, Niagara Falls and Welland with improved feeder service to and from Pt. Colborne and Ft. Erie. Please follow the link for more details www.niagararegion.ca/transit
click on the logo to find out more on
Priority & Courtesy Seating
- Accessible Conventional Service
Welland Transit is pleased to announce that Route #3 First Avenue is now accessible. This provides accessible service to Niagara College and the Wellness Centre.