Niagara College and Brock Announcements
- September 2014 - Attention Niagara College and Brock Students
Effective September 2, 2014 Welland Transit will be providing a U Pass service for all eligible full time Niagara College and Brock University students. Eligible Students may use a letter of acceptance from the College or University as fare payment until September 12, 2014. Please obtain your sticker as soon as possible from the Student Administrative Council (SAC) office to use the bus service and avoid having to pay cash fare.
- NOTL Link - Welland Transit will also be providing bus service between Welland Campus and Niagara on the Lake Campus - NOTL Link* as per the following schedule (pdf). Service starts Sept. 2, 2014.
*Please note the service level that is provided due to reduced service during reading Weeks.
- Niagara College students and Brock University students
Brock Link bus will be connecting Niagara College with Brock University for Niagara College students in St. Catharines and Brock University students in Welland. Service starts Sept. 2. 2014.
Detour – Quaker Rd. Effective immediately
Due to construction on Quaker Rd. the following buses will detour via Woodlawn Rd.
- Route 8 Woodlawn – leaving Seaway Mall turning left onto Niagara, right onto Woodlawn, Right onto First and left into College and regular routing.
- Brock Link – returning to College via Niagara St. right onto Woodlawn, right onto First and left into College and follow regular routing.
- NOTL Link – Returning to College via Niagara St. right onto Woodlawn, right onto First and left into College and follow regular routing.
- Port Colborne Link – Leaving Niagara College turning right onto First, Left onto Woodlawn and left onto Niagara and right into Seaway Mall and follow regular routing.
- Route 10 West Community- leaving Zehrs –right onto Niagara, right onto Woodlawn, right onto First and left into College and follow regular routing.
We apologize for the lateness in this message however we were given last minute notification.
Niagara Region Transit
- Click here to view the new routing for Route 60 – 65 Welland – Niagara Falls
- Bus Service between St. Catharines, Niagara Falls and Welland with improved feeder service to and from Pt. Colborne and Ft. Erie. Please follow the link for more details www.niagararegion.ca/transit
Main Street Bridge Closure Announcements
- Attention Passengers:
due to continuing concerns with traffic congestion and missed connections due to the Bridge closure the following detours will take effect June 2, 2014. These changes should help with schedule adherence on Routes 5 Lincoln-Wellington and Route 9 Niagara.
Route 5 Lincoln-Wellington: effective June 2, 2014 the bus will no longer service the Tanguay/Promenade Richelieu loop. Please board the bus on Wellington for these affected stops. This bus will also use Burgar St to East Main St. to the Terminal instead of King St. to Division
Route 9 Niagara: Effective June 2, 2014 the bus will no longer service the Zehr’s Plaza starting with the 11:15 am trip up to and including the 4:15 pm trip
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. These detours will last until the bridge reopens and regular routing resumes.
Please call our office 905-735-1700 ext. 3101 or ask our driver for clarification.
- Attention Passengers due to the Main St. Bridge closure the following detours will take effect March 31st 2014 on the following routes.
Please see affected areas to determine closest stop for affected Routes. These detours will remain in effect until the finish of work on the bridge expected to be at the end of September 2014.
click on the logo to find out more on
Priority & Courtesy Seating
- Accessible Conventional Service
Welland Transit is pleased to announce that Route #3 First Avenue is now accessible. This provides accessible service to Niagara College and the Wellness Centre.