Welland's Market Square
Some Old-Fashioned Ideas Never Go Out of Style…
Local Farmers proudly share the excitement and flavour of the Welland Farmers’ Market with you. They’ve been luring locals and tourists every Saturday to the Market since 1907, with shelves of fresh fruits and vegetables, tasty meats, natural cheeses, local artisans, and baked goods.
The Welland Farmers’ Market is a community place where vendors and patrons respect each other. Vendors at the Welland Farmers’ Market develop community and sell quality products. We endeavour to create an environment which promotes creativity, openness, and cooperation, to celebrate the local talent and expertise that is showcased at the Market.
Welland is Home to the Largest Farmers’ Market in the Niagara Region
To provide a community marketplace that encourages patrons to support a ‘Buy Local’ philosophy, while allowing them to experience the rich tradition of the Welland Farmers' Market.
To raise community awareness about the benefits of eating healthy, and the importance of supporting a sustainable agricultural community.
What we are striving for:
- To help strengthen the foundation of a healthy community by offering a safe, relaxing and enjoyable place for families and individuals to come together to visit and socialize.
- To stimulate and support our local economy by providing a venue for local producers to sell their goods.
- To create an opportunity for community groups to convey information to the Welland community concerning important local, social, agricultural and environmental issues.
- To encourage a sustainable agricultural food system in Niagara, and our local communities.
Hours of Operation:
Every Saturday 6:00am-12:00pm (year round)
50 Market Square (on the Corner of Young and Division Streets)
Getting Started – How to Apply:
- Fill out application and submit it to The Welland Community Wellness Complex for approval and stall selection (145 Lincoln Street, Welland ON L3B 6E1)
- Vendor Application Form (pdf)
- Non-Profit Vendor Application Form (pdf)
- Winery Vendor Application Form (pdf)
Welland Farmers’ Market is located at 50 Market Square, in the downtown core of Welland, Ontario.
Please direct any inquiries about the Farmers’ Market
by email at: The Market
By mail at: City of Welland ,Recreation & Culture Division, 145 Lincoln Street, Welland, ON L3B 6E1
By phone at: 905 735-1700 Ext. 4000