The Municipal Election will be held on Monday, October 27, 2014, in accordance with the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, as amended, of Ontario.
2014 Candidates' Guide for Ontario Municipal and School Board Elections.
The Municipal Elections Act, 1996, outlines qualifications of electors and candidates, and other rules governing the execution of a Municipal Election.
FOR WHAT OFFICES:
In the City of Welland, Municipal Elections are held for the Offices of:
The representation for school board elections are subject to change in the year of the Election based on a formula for each Board which determines representation to an elector population of the Board’s jurisdiction in accordance with the Education Act of Ontario.
- Mayor and Member of Niagara Regional Council (elected at large)
- Regional Councillor (2 to be elected at large)
- City Councillor
- Ward One (2 to be elected)
- Ward Two (2 to be elected)
- Ward Three (2 to be elected)
- Ward Four (2 to be elected)
- Ward Five (2 to be elected)
- Ward Six (2 to be elected)
- Trustee District School Board of Niagara (1 to be elected as representative of Welland)
- Trustee Niagara Catholic School Board (1 to be elected as representative of Welland)
- Trustee Conseil scolaire Viamonde (1 to be elected to represent the electors in the area municipalities of Welland, Fort Erie, Niagara Falls, Pelham, Port Colborne, Thorold, and Wainfleet)
- Trustee Conseil de district catholique Centre-Sud (1 to be elected to represent the electors in the area municipalities of Welland, Fort Erie, Pelham, Port Colborne, and Wainfleet)
Forms required to file as a Candidate in the 2014 Municipal Elections:
(Please complete but do not sign, as they are to be sworn before the Clerk or Designate)
* To be sure you are eligible to be nominated, please click "Who Can Vote" for qualifications.
Declaration of Qualifications
- 2014 (EL18A) DECLARATION OF QUALIFICATIONS - COUNCILLOR (pdf)
- 2014 (EL18A) DECLARATION OF QUALIFICATIONS - MAYOR (pdf)
- 2014 (EL18A) DECLARATION OF QUALIFICATIONS - REGIONAL COUNCILLOR (pdf)
- 2014 (EL18B) DECLARATION OF QUALIFICATIONS - SCHOOL TRUSTEE (All - check one) (pdf)
- 2014 (EL18BF) DECLARATION DU CANDIDAT (French) (pdf)
Questions, Assistance, and Accessibility
If you have comments or concerns regarding the election process, forms, method of voting, polling locations, voters' list or other matters pertaining to the Municipal Election, please contact the City Clerk's staff. They will be pleased to assist you with any questions that you may have concerning the Municipal Election.