FLUSH ‘N SAVE
Once again, the Welland Conservation Program will be providing replacement incentives for residents who install low-flow toilets. Toilets represent the largest single use of household water at approximately 30%. Since 1998, the building code has mandated low-flow toilets be installed in new homes. Most homes in Welland, were built before this time and therefore do not realize the benefits (both financial and environmental) of low-flush toilets.
The application form can be uploaded by clicking the link below. Depending on the type of toilet, there will be varying amounts of financial rebates available to residents. PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AS INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
6L TOILETS - $40
DUAL FLUSH TOILETS - $60
4.8L TOILETS or less - $60
Approved Toilet Listing (pdf)
|AM I ELIGIBLE?
- I am a resident of the City of Welland and have a valid Welland Water Account number.
- I am replacing an existing toilet with a flush volume of 13 litres or more.
- I have completed all components of the application form located on the adjacent side of this sheet. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- I have attached a copy of my original bill of sale in addition to proof of flush volume.
- I have not already applied for this incentive at this property.
- Due to program popularity, there is a limit of 5 rebates per household.
- The City of Welland acts independently from local retailers and cannot enforce or administer promises from them should the application not meet all criteria for rebate.
- Rebate may take up to 1 month to receive in the mail.
- The City of Welland disqualifies certain makes/models Eco-Energy UNAR-qualified toilets which have been tested by Veritec Consulting, Inc. Should they not perform to acceptable standards.
WHERE DO I APPLY?
Complete form and mail to:
Welland Conservation Program
60 East Main Street
Or drop it off at the 2nd floor (engineering department) of the Civic Centre.