A diamond within Niagara Region.
The Municipality of Choice
To plan for and provide a vibrant, safe community which promotes healthy living and supports business growth.
To respond to the diverse needs of our community in a timely, innovative and effective manner, through teamwork and partnerships.
Welland is a community that is rapidly growing into its urban destiny while respecting its rural heritage. Within the next several years, Welland's population will grow beyond 50,000 and will continue to provide an array of economic, cultural, and recreational opportunities. Our growth and provision of services and programs are provided with great care, diligence, and pride. Welland embraces progress, and its historical significance in Ontario's past.
The City's organization is positioned to effectively address the needs of the community and is comprised of various departments.
City Manager's Office
The City Manager is responsible to provide corporate leadership and direction for the general management of the Corporation as well as participating in the overall stewardship of the municipality.
The major responsibilities are:
- Administering the business affairs of the municipality;
- Providing direction to City employees;
- Directing the development and implementation of corporate policies and programs;
- Ensuring Council receives the appropriate reports and information necessary for decision making;
- Assisting Council in the development of a corporate strategic plan;
- Directing the exercise of general financial control of all departments and ensuring Council is presented with the annual estimates of revenue and expenditures.
- Directing collective bargaining with all employees and recommending to Council agreements concerning wage, salaries, benefits and working conditions;
- Liaising with local boards, commissions, agencies, other municipalities, and provincial and federal governments;
- Providing direction to economic development strategies, and ensuring the development of business opportunities and relationships.
Craig A. Stirtzinger
City of Welland
60 East Main Street
Welland, Ontario, L3B 3X4
phone: 905-735-1700, Ext. 2122
Daniella Wright, Administrative Assistant to the City Manager